Early August, UDI – Edmonton Metro hosted its 38th Annual Golf Classic, presented by DeFord Contracting Inc.
Held at The Quarry, over 200 of our members gathered for an 18-hole golf tournament and par-tee. A total of $2,675 was raised for Kids Up Front, an organization that provides access to enriching experiences like arts, culture, and sporting events.
“One of my favourite things about our organization and industry is the people and the power of working together,” said Susan Keating, Chair of UDI’s Board of Directors. “Collectively, through our many events, like our annual Golf Classic, we are offered diverse opportunities to build relationships with one another – and to foster networks of support as we shape the communities we know and love in the Edmonton Metropolitan Region.”
Meet the winners of the 38th Golf Classic:
- 1st Place: Lewis Donnan, Leigh Melnychuk, Darcy Brown, Jay Shipton
- 2nd Place: Reade Beaudoin, Reed Thacker, Corey Trachuk, Paul Berezowsky
- 3rd Place: Jordan Davis, Ross Yaremko, Thomas Erickson, Greg Hembroff
- Most Honourable Team: Joseph Mathieu, Jenn Squires, Annie Duong, Zdenko Petrovic
- Longest Drive: Michaela Davis, Reanna Rehman, Ryan Taylor, Matt Haley
- Longest Putt: Roxanne Garneau, Yolanda Lew, Rahim Adatia, Jason Larner
- Closest to the Pin: Lori Gregoire, Crystal Brightwell, Micheal Pigeon, Jonathan Raju
This annual golf tournament could not have been possible without the generosity of the many sponsors listed below, all of which are city builders who create great spaces and places across our entire region.
While UDI is hard at work planning their remaining events for 2023, the Board, staff, and committees, are welcoming feedback for next year’s Golf Classic, as well as ideas for new initiatives.
“UDI’s Strategic Plan speaks to the importance of levelling up our member engagement,” said Kalen Anderson, Executive Director of UDI – Edmonton Metro. “We are focused on creating new opportunities for our members to connect and gather.”
Contact Katie Schneider, Coordinator of Membership Services and Events, to share your ideas for future events and to let us know how we can improve: firstname.lastname@example.org.