Are you interested in joining a dynamic team at the helm of city-building advocacy and engagement in one of Canada’s fastest growing metro regions? The Urban Development Institute – Edmonton Metro is looking for a Manager of Policy and Governance to lead the development of policy positions through member engagement and research – all to advance the real estate development industry’s impact and influence. This position will lead and implement initiatives and programs that engage and mobilize the organization and its members to connect and collaborate on issues and opportunities facing the industry, and to contribute to shaping a socially and economically prosperous Edmonton Metropolitan Region.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Manager of Policy and Governance will provide strategic policy advice related to issues that affect the real estate development industry. The Manager will also develop and implement a governance framework that proactively leverages the contributions of UDI’s Board of Directors, committees, working groups, members, and partner organizations, to position UDI as the expert voice on real estate and urban development issues. The position’s main work streams include:
- Governance and Committee Leadership
- Policy Analysis and Research
- Partnerships and Collaboration
- Reporting and Communication
- Events and Engagement of Subject Matter Experts
Required Skills and Experience:
This role requires a broad knowledge and understanding of current and emerging urban development issues to facilitate innovative solutions that enable ongoing growth and investment. The ideal candidate is highly organized, able to synthesize complex ideas and diverse perspectives to drive solutions forward, and motivated to leverage the talent and contributions of UDI’s engaged membership to effect positive change.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, social science, public administration, public policy or related field.
- A minimum of three years of experience in researching, designing, managing and implementing policy and regulatory focused initiatives and projects.
- Excellent project management capabilities.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Advanced knowledge in governance procedures and processes.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic team setting.
- Ability to take initiative, lead with creativity and work independently.
- Commitment to the highest standards of membership service and professionalism.
$70,000-$90,000 annually, with a base vacation allotment of 3 weeks plus office holiday closure. Enrolment in UDI’s benefits plan, and monthly transportation and cell-phone stipends.
This is a permanent full-time position working 37.5 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Primary Work Location:
324, Birks Building, 10113-104 Street, Edmonton, Alberta.
January 23, 2023
Please ensure that your application consists of the following documents: resume and cover letter describing what led you to apply to this position and highlighting your qualifications as they relate to the duties of this positions. References can be provided upon request. Email your full application packet to email@example.com.
We expect to evaluate candidates for this recruitment as follows:
- Initial review of minimum qualifications
- In-depth evaluation of application materials to identify the most qualified candidates
- Consideration of top candidates/interviews
- Reference check
About UDI – Edmonton Metro
The Urban Development Institute-Edmonton Metro (UDI-EM) is a non-profit, member-driven organization representing leaders in the real estate development industry in all communities throughout the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. Our members are development companies, planners, surveyors, architects, engineers, contractors, finance managers and others. Collectively, they build new neighbourhoods, ambitiously redevelop our urban core, develop commercial and industrial areas that enable new business opportunities, and create the parks and open spaces treasured by residents and visitors. As city builders, we are united as champions of economic growth and are trusted, expert leaders in real estate development. UDI members shape municipal policy and regulations to support housing diversity, maintain the region’s affordability advantage, and attract talent and economic investment.