Urban Development Institute – Edmonton Metro is looking for an events and marketing pro and relationship-based professional to help serve our members and positively shape the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. This new role – Coordinator of Membership Services and Events – will help elevate our events, brand position, and outreach. This position will lead and support initiatives that engage and mobilize the organization and its members to connect and collaborate on issues facing the industry.
The Coordinator of Membership Services and Events will plan and execute events like the Spirit Awards and Golf Classic, monthly luncheons, while creatively innovating new opportunities, in addition to content creation for UDI’s diverse communication platforms. The Coordinator will also ensure support for members, and track inquiries, feedback and status changes.
- Event Planning
- Event Implementation
- Association Communications
- Membership Services
Required Skills and Experience:
The ideal candidate is friendly with a customer-oriented attitude, who has the ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment, as multiple events are managed concurrently.
- Post-secondary degree or certification in communications, public relations, events management, business administration or other related fields.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Problem-solving, organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative, lead with creativity and work independently.
- Ability to mobilize partners and volunteers to advance work and influence change.
- Commitment to the highest standards of membership service and professionalism.
- Proficiency in design software is considered an asset (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite).
- Proficiency in Microsoft platforms (e.g. Outlook, Excel, Word).
Compensation/Benefits: $55-$65,000 annually, with a base vacation allotment of 3 weeks plus office holiday closure. Enrolment in UDI benefits plan, and monthly transportation stipend and cell-phone stipend.
Duration: Permanent full-time.
Primary Work Location: 324, Birks Building, 10113-104 Street, Edmonton, Alberta. Remote work is enabled.
Application deadline: December 1, 2022.
Thank you for your interest in the Urban Development Institute – Edmonton Metro. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Apply: Send your resume to email@example.com.
About UDI – Edmonton Metro
The Urban Development Institute-Edmonton Metro (UDI-EM) is a non-profit, member-driven organization representing leaders in the land development industry in all communities throughout the Edmonton Metropolitan Region. Our members are development companies, planners, surveyors, architects, engineers, contractors, finance managers and others. Collectively, they build new neighbourhoods, ambitiously redevelop our urban core, develop commercial and industrial areas that enable new business opportunities, and create the parks and open spaces treasured by residents and visitors. As city builders, we are united as champions of economic growth and are trusted, expert leaders in real estate development. UDI members shape municipal policy and regulations to support housing diversity, maintain the region’s affordability advantage, and attract talent and economic investment.